It has been said that Rolleiflex 3.5F, together with 2.8F, are the perfections of Rollei TLR cameras. (Refer to Rolleiflex 2.8F.)
On 3.5F, the settings of the shutter dial and the aperture dial were separated since the light value mechanism, which is that the light value (the combination of a shutter speed and an aperture value) is to be always the same (Refer to Rolleicord V.), had been unpopular.
The dials between the view lens and the taking lens are the shutter dial at the left and the aperture dial at the right, and each information is shown in order in the window at the upper side of the view lens. Also, MXV switching lever was shifted to the view lens left.
After this model, Rollei began widening a variety of its TLR cameras such as Tele Rolleiflex, Wide Angle Rolleiflex and Rollei magic.
- First introduced in 1959.
- Camera type : 6x6cm TLR camera
- View lens : Heidosmat F2.8/75mm
- Taking lens : Carl Zeiss Planner F3.5/75mm
- Shutter : Synchro-Compur
- Shutter speed : B, 1-1/500sec.
- Flash sync contact : M, X
- Film : 120 and 200 roll film