Rolleicord V was the first camera among R'cord series that had the light value system built in the shutter unit.
Although this system was developed aiming a simplification of camera operation, it was not so popular among the users, and for that reason, it was omitted on R'iflex 3.5F. (Refer to Rolleiflex 3.5F.)
The locking mechanism for the synchro socket was newly built in R'cord V. R'cord Va, which was launched after this model, was about the same spec as this except that R'cord Va could attached the picture-size switching adapter. (Refer to Rolleicord Vb / Rollei Accessories.)
- First introduced in 1954.
- Camera type : 6x6cm TLR camera
- Taking lens : Schneider Xenar F3.5/75mm
- Shutter : Synchro-Compur
- Shutter speeds : B, 1-1/500sec.
- Flash sync contact : M, X