Yashica Mat 124G, looks very much like Rolleiflex, is 6x6cm TLR camera with built-in external celenium meter. The original price of it was 40,000 yen, which was rather low for this type of camera. For that reason, this tended to be the first camera for beginners to purchase the medium format camera.
One other thing to mention is the light body weight of 1080 grams, which makes it much more convenient to carry out with.
- First introduced in September, 1970.
- Camera type : 6x6cm TLR camera
- Film : 120 roll film - 12 exposures
220 roll film - 24 exposures
- Picture size : 56 x 56 mm.
- Taking lens : Yashinon f3.5/80mm, three-group, four-element
- View lens : Yashinon f2.8/80mm
- Filter accepted : 30mm (bayonet mount)
- Closest focusing distance : 1 meter
- Aperture : f3.5 - 32
- Shutter : Copal SV
- Shutter speeds : B, 1-1/500sec., with shutter locking system
- Self-timer : built in the shutter
- Flash sync contact : M, X
- Focusing : lens board extension by a large-sized focusing knob
- Viewfinder : uses Fresnel lens. with 3x magnifier and the direct-view finder frame
- Exposure meter : celenium meter, shutter-speed-priority follow-the-needle type meter
- Exposure range : EV 4.5 - 17 (ASA100)
- Film speed range : ASA 25 - 400
- Film winding : by crank, Automat type winding
- Frame counter : automatic resetting, forward-counting counter
- Body dimensions : 102 x 148 x 101mm
- Body weight : 1080 grams