QuickTimeŞ is needed to see the image.
Thirteen years after the original Rollei 35, Rollei 35 TE came on the market in 1979.
The details of 35 TE is almost the same as 35 except that the body weight was lightened about 40 g from 370 g to 330 g, and the original matching needle type exposure meter was changed to the LED type built in the viewfinder. This LED type exposure meter needs PX27 battery to be used, and which is now hard to obtain. So you have to prepare the battery adapter for it to use exposure meter on 35 TE.
Comparing to B35, the body cover got thicker on 35 TE, and also the guide line for the rear cover was added on, which made easier to put on and off the rear cover.
Well then, let's take a look at it.
- First introduced in 1979.
- Camera type : 35 mm lens-shutter camera
- Picture size : 24 x 36mm
- Lens : Rollei Tessar 40mm f/3.5
- Shutter : Rollei Compur
- Shutter speeds : B, 1/2 - 1/500 sec.
- Focusing : by visual distance estimation
- Closest focusing distance : 0.9 m
- Exposure meter : LED type using CdS cell
- Film speed range : ISO 25 - 1600 (EV 8 - 18)
- Flash sync contact : non
- Accessory shoe : built on
- Film winding : by film wind lever (ratcheted winding not available.)
- Rewindng : by rewind crank with R-lever
- Frame counter : automatic resetting type
- Power resource : PX27 (5.6 V)
- Body dimensions : 97 x 32 x 58mm
- Body weight : approx. 330 g
|Back to Camera Shopper||Back to Index Page|