Mamiya Super 23 is one of the most famous press camera in the world.
The first camera of its series is Mamiya Standard, launched in 1969, then after that the series was improved one after another, from Mamiya S, G, Super 23, and finally to Universal Press.
Wide varieties of accessories such as 120 roll film back, 220 roll film back, Poraloid film back and sheet film holder, 70mm film back, were provided for this series.
Although it is a press camera, it also is usefull to the architectural photography, for camera movements are enabled on the back side of this camera.
- Camera type : 6x9cm press camera
- Film : 120 roll film : 8 exp.
220 roll film : 16 exp.
Sheet film : 8 exp.
Poraloid 100 series and 660 series film : 8 exp.
- Lens : Mamiya Sekor f3.5/100mm (standard lens), interchangable
- Lens mount : bayonet
- Shutter : leaf-shutter, Seiko #0 (standard lens)
- Shutter speed : B, 1-1/500sec. (standard lens)
- Flash sync contact : M, X (standard lens)
- Focusing : double-image superimposing rangefinder, and focusing lever on the lens
- Viewfinder : Switchable bright-frame finder for 100mm, 150mm and 250mm lenses
6x9cm & 6x7cm frame can be switched. Parallax correction mechanism
Attachment finders are needed for 50mm & 75mm lenses
85mm of base length
- Finder magnification : 0.72x
- Film back : interchangable
- Film holder : Poraloid landpack film holder, roll film holder (for 6x9cm, 6x7cm and K type)
Sheet film holder, RB67 holder (Pro S 120 roll film, 220 roll film and 70mm)
film holder for Graflex
- Film wind : lever - one and two stroke, ratcheted winding
- Body dimensions : 121 x 167 x 114mm