Major improvements on Konica II from Konica I were that the lens was changed from collapsible barrel type to double helicoid type, and double exposure prevention was newly employed, while most of other features such as that it employed shutter cociking lever, film wind and rewind knob.
But the appearance was renewed to curve-based unique and modern body, aiming to give it light and close images instead of square stubborness.
Konica IIB is a minor change and popular version of Konica II, introduced in May, 1955.
On this camera, T-I dail was omitted and Konica B plate was replaced on the camera front.
Well then, let's take a look at it.
- First introduced in May, 1955.
- Picture size : 24 x 36 mm
- Lens : Hexar 50mm f/2.8, Hexar 50mm f/3.5 (introduced in June, 1955.)
- Shutter : Konica Rapid S
- Shutter speeds : B, 1 - 1/500 sec.
- Aperture range : f/2.8 - f/22
- Focusing : double helicoid focusing
- Focusing distance : 1.0 m - inf.
- Frame counter : manual-setting & forward-counting frame counter
- Body dimensions : 137 x 77 x 67mm
- Body weight : 680 g.