Fujica 35M was introduced as Fuji Film's first 35mm lens-shutter camera at the World Expo. '57 held in Japan, and came in the market in September in the same year.
On this camera, all the operation devices such as the focusing knob at the camera back and the film winding lever at the camera bottom is located on the right-hand side, so that you can operate the camera simply with your right hand and the camera is holded tightly with your left hand. Besides, the price of the camera was set comparatively lower than other this-class cameras. All these aspects of it made the camera a great seller.
Well then, let's take a look at it.
- Camera type : 35mm lens-shutter camera
- Standard lens : Fujinon 45mm f/2.8 (three-group, four-element)
- Shutter : Citizun MXV with built-in Self Timer, self-cocking shutter
- Shutter speeds : B, 1 - 1/400 sec.
- Flash sync contact : M, X sync
- Viewfinder : birght-frame finder with automatic parallax compensation
- Focusing : straight helicoid focusing
- Film winding : by the film wind lever at the camera bottom
- Film : 35mm film
- Filter accepted : 35.5mm
- Body dimensions : 125 x 88 x 65mm
- Body weight : 700 g
- Retail price (in 1957.) : 15,900 yen