Retina Ia was the first Retina that employed the film wind lever, and the shutter would be cocked with a swing of the lever.
The Retina joined the party of the cameras with modern mechanisms from this model, and started to employ the mechanisms such as double-exposure-prevention release button and eyepiece. And the sprocket and guide rail were built in for easy laoding.
Operation was also improved that location of the frame counter was changed from the camera bottom to the top.
- Manufacturing Period : Jan, 1951 - Apr, 1954
- Manufacturing code : #015/15
- Body dimensions : approx. 120 x 75 x 40mm
- Body weight : approx. 500 g
- Gross number manufactured :
Earlier type : approx. 10,000
Later type : approx. 127,000
- Body finish : chrome plate