QuickTimeŞ is needed to see the image.
The featured camera for this issue is 35mm-format shutter-speed-priority AE SLR camera, Canon EX EE.
This camera was launched in September, 1969 by Canon Co.,Ltd. and employed front group interchangeable system, which is that the back group of the lens is always attached to the camera body, and only the front group is detached when changing focal length.
Also, the camera employed easy loading mechanism which is popular now.
Well then, let's take a look at it.
- First introduced in September, 1969.
- Camera type : 35mm-format shutter-speed-priority AE SLR camera
- Picture size : 24mm x 36mm
- Lens mount : EX screw-in mount (for the front group)
- Viewfinder : fixed Pentaprism finder
- Shutter : horizontal-run focal-plane shutter with cloth curtain
- Shutter speeds : B, X, 1 - 1/500sec. (X = 1/60sec.)
- Flash sync contact : X, FP
- Film speed range : ASA 12 - 6400
- Self-timer : built-in
- Focus : manual focusing
- Film winding : by the film wind lever (174 deg. / play=21 deg.) - ratcheted winding available
- Rewinding : by the collapsible rewind crank
- Power source : 1.3V HD-type mercury battery
- Body weight (with f1.8/50mm) : approx. 900 grams
|Back to Camera Shopper||Back to Index Page|