QuickTimeŞ is needed to see the image.
The featured camera for this issue is 35mm-format AE SLR camera, Canon AE-1.
This camera was launched in 1976 by Canon Co.,Ltd. and employed electronically controlled shutter with cloth curtain and shutter-speed-priority AE system.
Since the camera was equipped with automatic winding mechanism and continuous shooting mode with the Winder-A (which was an option), it was a big hit, and it is said that it was sold more than four million five hundred thousand worldwide.
The power source for the camera are 6V 4G-13 type silver oxide battery or 4LR44 alkali-manganese battery.
Well then, let's take a look at it.
- First introduced in April, 1976.
- Camera type : 35mm-format shutter-speed-priority AE SLR camera
- Lens mount : FL, FD mount
- Viewfinder : fixed Pentaprism finder
- Exposure meter : silicon photo-diode
- Light metering : TTL center-weighted light reading / stopped-down-aperture metering
- Film speed range : ASA 25-3200
- Shutter : four-pivot horizontal-run focal plane shutter with cloth curtain
- Shutter speeds : B, 1-1/1000sec.
- Self-timer : built-in
- Flash sync contact : X
- Film winding : by the film wind lever (120 deg. / play=30 deg.) - ratcheted winding available
- Rewinding : by the collapsible rewind crank
- Power source : 6V 4G-13 type silver oxide battery or 4LR44 alkali-manganese battery
- Body dimensions : 141 x 87 x 47.5mm
- Body weight : approx. 590 g.
|Back to Camera Shopper||Back to Index Page|