Kowa Super 66 was the fourth and the last model among Kowa Six series, and it was developed based on Kowa Six II which employed the interchangeable film back system for the first time among the series.
On Kowa Super 66, the film back locking lever and the mirror-up mechanism were omitted to make film back changing procedures much easier. And also, the 4.5x6cm format film back and Polaroid film back were provided with it.
As mentioned, this was the last model of Kowa Six series as well as the last camera manufactured by Kowa. From then on, Kowa withdrew from the camera industry.
Well then, let's take a look at it.
- First introduced in 1974.
- Camera type : 6x6cm leaf-shutter SLR camera
- Standard lens : Kowa S f2.8/85mm (four-group, five-elements), breech-lock mount
- Shutter : Seiko SLV #0 (built in M, X sync contac and self-timer)
- Shutter speed : T, 1-1/500sec.
- Viewfinder : waist-level finder
- Focusing : straight helicoid
- Film back : interchangeable
- Film winding : ratcheted winding, double-exposure prevention, multiple exposure enabled
- Body dimensions : 126 x 137 x 158mm
- Body weight : 1900 grams