Kowa Six MM is the successor model to the first domestically produced 6x6cm leaf-shutter SLR camera, Kowa Six I, launched in 1968. Several improvements can be seen on Kowa Six MM such as the mirror-up machanism and the multiple-exposure system. And the fact is that "MM" was named after those improvements.
Well then, let's take a look at it.
- First introduced in 1972.
- Camera type : 6x6cm leaf-shutter SLR camera
- Standard lens : Kowa S f2.8/85mm (four-group, five-elements), breech-lock mount
- Shutter : Seiko SLV #0 (built in M, X sync contac and self-timer)
- Shutter speed : T, 1-1/500sec.
- Viewfinder : waist-level finder
- Focusing : straight helicoid
- Film winding : by crank
- Body dimensions : 116 x 137 x 157mm
- Body weight : 1750 grams